Different Perspectives


DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE


The illustration shows how when a person looks at something from a certain angle, he can see it differently from someone looking at the same thing from another angle. For me, I see it can be 3 or 4 as I saw the sticks from the front, so I can see both perspectives and also maybe because I see both person's points of views, but if it was not highlighted from the beginning that it could be either 3 or 4, my answer would be the first thing that my eyes see, depending on the angle I am looking from. 

This illustration signifies how people can have different opinions and see things differently and this is very much influenced by many factors, such as their experiences, values, character, mindset, mental state at the moment. It also signifies how important it is to not insist on your own way of seeing things as there is nothing right and wrong, there is no truth because everything is subjective and dependent on your interpretation and from which perspective you see it. It is thus important to understand the other person's opinion and perspective and look at the matter from another lens or the other person's angle/perspective. You can insist on your opinion, as this is your right, but you cannot say that the other person is wrong, because he sees it from another angle, you should atleast acknowledge that from his perspective, he is right. Understanding and respecting each other's opinions and different perspectives of seeing things is what is important here, to avoid conflict and arguments.

This happened alot with me, where I see something in a certain way and others see it differently because they are looking at it from another angle and also because their mindset and character is different. For example, living in a closed compound or closed community vs. living in the middle of downtown in an open community. Everyone nowadays would prefer living in a house that is in a closed compound, where they have all services and facilities and where they deal with people similar to them in background and socio economic class. They believe it is safer and more comfortable and if they lived in an apartment for example in an open community, such as Heliopolis or Nasr city or Dokki, they cannot wait to move to their house in the compound. On the other hand, I see it differently, I see that this makes us live in a bubble and we do not get to deal with different people and life in general. I would love to live in a place like Heliopolis for example, near the club, where everything is walking distance. I can walk to the club, to the mall, supermarket, cafe or just hang out in the street with friends. I feel that this would give me more exposure, but living in a compound in New Cairo is like living in a bubble, where I need a car to go anywhere, it is not as safe as people think, because to get out of the compound and go to a restaurant or the mall, you need a car as the surrounding area outside the compound is all desert and lifeless and unsafe, but in Heliopolis, its all busy and you would find people and cars everywhere. 

Many people would disagree with my opinion, but this is because they are looking at the issue from a certain angle and also the mindset and character has an influence on the different perspectives. In addition, the way each person is living their lives is different, maybe those people do not commute to Heliopolis each day and see how people are living or don't spend time at the club, like I do , so it would be ideal for me to live nearby, but not for them. So, again it strongly depends on many factors and each person sees it from their own angle and eyes. 

My advice would be to listen, understand and think carefully about your own opinion and also about others and to be empathetic, before taking any decisions, in order to weigh everything correctly and not rush into something. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Rocks

Gratitude Reciprocates

The Danger of a Single Story